THE MESASTILA CHALLENGE - RAILS TO TRAILS HALF-MARATHON
SATURDAY OCTOBER 6TH 2012
Magelang, Central Java – MesaStila has confirmed the second annual occasion of its unique running-race on October 6th 2012. Starting at the heritage railway station in Ambarawa, the running course follows the antique steam-train, which departs 20-minutes before the runners. Athletes will run along the railway tracks - attempting to catch the train, which runs at a leisurely pace!
- Half marathon distance – 21.1km
- The first 9km along a heritage railway-line: Ambarawa to Bedono - try to catch the train!
- Tough gradient of approximately 6%
- Jungle trails following the old disused railway line
- Snaking past rice paddies with some amazing views
- Up-and-down sections, up to 18% incline, on partly paved village roads
- Finishing on a rice paddy track and along some tough jungle trail
- Overall a demanding, but fun and very interesting run
- Amazing food spread Brunch-BBQ at the finish line
- Post-race massages for athletes and a fresh-water swimming pool
- Music, awards ceremony and prizes
Event Timing – October 6th 2012:
07:00 - Welcome and opening ceremony
07:10 – Train starts journey to half-way point with VIP’s, sponsors and media
07:45 – Runners start race - as soon as train leaves from its engine-changing point at Jambu
Prizes & Awards:
Prizes and awards are offered for the top three challengers in male and female categories.
Lucky draw prizes will be available to all athletes
Fees & Entry Procedure:
Entry fees will depend on whether from Indonesia or overseas.
Entry through e-mail or application in person, or by fax @ 0298 596 100 or 592 696
Indonesian Foreign or local Expat
Individual Runner IDR 150,000 US$ 35*
*KITAS holder or local expat will classed as foreign
A number of rooms will be available at MesaStila for athletes and their families. Special rates are available for athletes. There will also be a variety of recommended partner-hotels in the nearby towns of Magelang and Semarang.